Definition of Panchkarma:
Panchkarma is a cleansing and rejuvenating program for the body, mind and consciousness. It is known for its beneficial effects on overall health, wellness and self-healing.
Benefits of Panchkarma:
- Eliminate toxins and toxic conditions from your body and mind
- Restore your constitutional balance improving health and wellness
- Strengthen your immune system and become more resistant to illness
- Reverse the negative effects of stress on your body and mind thereby slowing the aging process
- Enhance your self-reliance, strength, energy, vitality and mental clarity
- Bring about deep relaxation and sense of well-being
- Abhyangam with herbal steam: Full body Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils followed with herbal steam for complete relaxation, detoxification and rejuvenation.
- Udvartanam: A dry herbal powder full body massage to refresh the body, purify skin, improve circulation and burn excessive fats in the body.
- Nasyam: Herbal oils administered through nostrils for rejuvenation and cleansing of toxins from upper half of the body. Cures sinus, migraine, hair fall, paralysis, etc.
- Agni karma: Intentional heat burn therapy for instant relief from stiff and painful joints, frozen shoulder, sciatica, pain in heel, migraine, cervical spondylitis, corns, warts, etc.
- Pottli swedana: Whole body is massaged with herbal oils followed with scrubbing of medicated bolus after dipping it in hot herbal decoction. This penetrates deep in the muscle tissue giving strength and firmness and helps for relaxation and rejuvenation. Cures parkinsonism, arthritis, sciatica, back pain, joint stiffness, spondylitis, sprains, etc.
- Mukha lepanam: Herbal paste is applied to the face for giving glowing skin and also helps to cure acne, blemishes, wrinkles, dry or oily skin.